Sunday, November 8, 2009

I Want My T-Shirt

Where do I get my "I Survived My Daughter's Bout With The Swine Flu" t-shirt? After a serious week-long battle with the h1n1 virus, my daughter is finally getting back on her feet. The doctor gave us this list of symptoms to watch for and said to go directly to the nearest emergency room if any of them developed. That did not put me at ease. Today is the first time she has behaved anywhere near what is normal for her since last Saturday. Even so, she's still napped twice today, which for my little on-the-go bundle of energy is bizarre. They weren't kidding when they said this hits younger people harder. The rest of us got it, but it was just a mild flu. My 6 year old got run over by it. This was the sickest I have ever seen her and it scared the hell out of me. I have not slept more than catnaps all week so I could keep an eye on her. I hope to be able to get more sleep tonight. So as long as she does not develop any secondary infections while she is still weak, she will recover. I can't tell you what a relief that is. I've been terrified all week. A 5 year old with no underlying conditions died from this virus just last month very near here. Thank you to those of you who e-mailed your support and prayers. They were all greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment